Lemon Juicer Reviews – Best Lemon Juicers
A lemon juicer is a juicer made specifically for citrus fruits. They can be electric or manual, and each comes with its own benefits and drawbacks and should be chosen carefully depending on your needs.
The concept for a lemon juicer, electric or manual, begins with a similar concept. A cone-shaped reamer made of wood, plastic, or metal digs into the flesh of a halved lemon, orange, or lime, and extracts juice from the pulp. Better models will have a filter of some kind to keep the fibers of the pulp from getting into the juice.
The difference between an electric and manual juicer is the way in which the fruit is pushed against the reamer. A manual juicer relies on somebody using his or her hands to push the fruit against the reamer to extract juice. An electric one employs an electric motor that turns the reamer to extract the juice. Generally, electric juicers will be shaped like a kettle, and the juice extracted filters through into the kettle portion of the juicer.
- Heavy duty die cast aluminum
- Extract all the juice without the rind, pulp or seeds - and get every last drop
- Great for lemon, lime, small citrus fruits and vegetables like cherry tomatoes, etc
- GET EVERY LAST DROP FROM YOUR FRUIT our citrus press is proven to get more juice than dozens of other brands, you also will have NO SEEDS in your juice. Works perfectly on Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad our tool can squeeze them all with maximum result.
- SAVE TIME AND EFFORT with our easy-to-use and easy-to-store lemon squeezer. No more worrying about electricity or batteries. No more bulky, hard-to-clean juicers crowding your kitchen.
- STURDY HEAVY DUTY METAL BOWLS this 2-in-1 lemon press / lime press can juice small limes, large lemons and even medium sized oranges. Made with sturdy aluminum and non-toxic certified lead-free coating it is safe and reliable.
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH FOR PROFESSIONAL SQUEEZING: Say hello to the best manual juicer on Amazon. We devised the optimal bowl size, and added reinforced hinges, thick casting and strong levers-ready for workhorse squeezing marathons, so you're ready, too.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Nobody likes arthritic pangs from poorly designed juicers. Your hands will never run out of juice when using our thickly formed, silicone-bonded handles. They keep your grip strong and steady more than any other manual juicer on Amazon.
- STAINLESS STEEL PERFECTION: Enamel, aluminium or plastic juicers might be good for beginners looking for a single press, but you should demand more than something that chips or breaks after extended use. Bellemain® juicers are 18/10 stainless steel so your juicer looks the same on the 100th day of making lemonade as it did on day 1-etch-free, rust-free, and simply marvelous.
How do I choose between an electric and manual lemon juicer?
The manual variety of lemon juicers are generally handheld and simple contraptions with one or two moving parts if any. This means there is no maintenance whatsoever on them and cleanup is a breeze. They are also very affordable, starting at under $10. Because they are made so simply and are so small, they can be stored in small spaces like a cabinet drawer or in a caddy. This is a big advantage for those working out of small kitchens.
The drawbacks of a manual lemon juicer usually involve speed. There is a limit to the number of lemons a person can juice by hand, and that means that the quantity of juice produced has to be fairly small.
Electric lemon juicers are much faster. Powered by electricity, there is virtually no limit to the amount of juice that can be produced by these juicers. They can also very easily double as orange juicers, since you could produce gallons of it freshly. In addition, these juicers are much more efficient, able to extract a greater percentage of available juice and produce a drier pulp.
The drawbacks of an electric lemon juicer are that they are very loud, expensive, and big. The motor on an electric lemon juicer can be as loud as a blender, which can be annoying to other members of the household. Because of the many electrical components that much go into an electric juicer, they also start at about $150. This can be quite an investment for a juicer that only works on citrus fruits. Lastly, they are large and will require a decent amount of counter space. They can usually be stored when not in use though.
What can I do with a lemon juicer?
Manual lemon juicers are fantastic for small amounts of juice, especially for garnishes for extra flare in dishes. Hummus, guacamole, and many other common dishes are livened up significantly when store-bought lemon or lime juice is replaced by freshly squeezed juice.
A common use of manual lemon juicers is to make lemonade. Because lemon juice is so concentrated and needs to be diluted with water and sugar, four to six lemons are sufficient to make about 2 gallons of lemonade. This is a great activity for children, as there are no possibly dangerous moving parts to worry about. They will love mixing their freshly squeezed lemon juice with water and sugar in a big glass pitcher!
Mixed drinks benefit greatly from a lemon juicer. Freshly squeezed limes and lemons are great in many drinks and will really pop compared to premade, store-bought drink mixes that are powered or otherwise chemically altered to stay drinkable.
Electric lemon juicers can be used for any citrus fruit. Orange and grapefruit juice are commonly made in them and are perfect for breakfast. Entire gallons of juice can be made at a time and can keep for several days. This is a big upgrade from store-bought cartons that may have been juiced up to a year ago and pasteurized, leaving it virtually free of viable nutrients.