Citrus Juicer Reviews – Best Citrus Juicers
A citrus juicer is a juicer made specifically to juice the soft, fleshy pulp of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes, or grapefruits. They generally use a similarly shaped “reamer,” which is a serrated, cone-shaped protrusion that works at pulverizing the fruit and extracting fresh juice.
This reamer can be powered by hand or electric motor, and both options offer their own advantages and drawbacks.
Hand citrus juicers work by having a person physically press them into the flesh of citrus fruits and digging until the juice comes out. If this seems primitive, that is because it is. These juicers are often little more than a stick connected to a reamer.
Electric citrus juicers are slightly more complex, but not by much. They too use a reamer, but it is attached to an electric motor that can turn the reamer rapidly to extract juice much more quickly. The juice then drips through a filter into a glass or plastic kettle where it collects for later use.
- This product is highly durable
- The product is manufactured in China
- The product is easy to use
- 30-watt electric citrus juicer with 34-ounce capacity
- Auto reversing reamer provides maximum juice extraction
- Standard-size cone; adjustable pulp control; strainer and stirrer
- GET EVERY LAST DROP FROM YOUR FRUIT our citrus press is proven to get more juice than dozens of other brands, you also will have NO SEEDS in your juice. Works perfectly on Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad our tool can squeeze them all with maximum result.
- SAVE TIME AND EFFORT with our easy-to-use and easy-to-store lemon squeezer. No more worrying about electricity or batteries. No more bulky, hard-to-clean juicers crowding your kitchen.
- STURDY HEAVY DUTY METAL BOWLS this 2-in-1 lemon press / lime press can juice small limes, large lemons and even medium sized oranges. Made with sturdy aluminum and non-toxic certified lead-free coating it is safe and reliable.
- Juices lemons, limes, and oranges quickly with ease
- Get every last drop with no pulp
- No more irritation from citrus juices on your hands
What are the benefits of a citrus juicer?
Citrus juicers can extract juice from any citrus fruit and provide a fresh glass of vitamin C to anyone who will take a few minutes to use them. Furthermore, because their mechanisms do not employ blades or centrifugal force, they do not produce any heat. This allows the juice that is produced by citrus juicers to retain the maximum amount of nutrients and leave active enzymes alive to work in our bodies.
Electric citrus juicers work extremely quickly, even though they do not produce heat. This is rare in a juicer, as a high RPM generally correlates with the generation of a lot of heat. It is easy to juice enough oranges for an entire family fifteen minutes before it is meant to be served. This means that a household with a citrus juicer can have the freshest possible orange juice.
Even though it takes about 40 oranges to produce a gallon of orange juice, this is still much cheaper than buying it buy the carton at the grocery store. Make sure to pick oranges grown for juicing like Valencias rather than those made for eating. Oranges grown for juicing have a much lower fiber content and can produce up to twice as much juice.
What are the drawbacks of a citrus juicer?
In the case of electric juicers, these juicers can be extremely loud. For a juicer meant to be used in the morning for a glass of orange juice, it can wake the whole house up. The motor on these juicers can also wear out and need to be replaced. This can require ordering them online through the manufacturer, which can be a tedious and time-consuming process.
Unless you plan on drinking a lot of citrus juice, an electric juicer is probably not worth the investment. Starting at about $150, even the most basic models are an investment. They can also be quite large and unwieldy, requiring a central spot on the kitchen counter.
Manual juicers, on the other hand, are much too slow to use for anything other than a half dozen fruits. Trying to juice enough oranges even for a single person is not really feasible with anything but an electric juicer.
What can you do with a citrus juicer?
The best thing about making your own citrus juice is you can control how much pulp you introduce back or allow into the juice. There will be no more fights about what to get at the supermarket, because you will be able to make different batches. Some with lots of pulp, and others completely without. A citrus juicer allows you to suit every taste and make perfect juice every time.
Aside from juicing oranges as a healthy, nutrient-rich beverage that can help to maintain weight, naturally heal, and supply a full day’s worth of vitamin C, citrus juicers can serve one more very important purpose.
Bartenders swear by fresh citrus juice for the best mixed drinks. For small amounts of lemon or lime juice, a manual juicer is more than enough to squeeze every last drop from one or two fruits. Some bartenders say that a citrus juicer is their most used tool by far and it makes all the difference.